Networker

Re: [Networker] Recommendations/war-stories for small AIT-3 tape libraries

2003-05-12 18:56:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] Recommendations/war-stories for small AIT-3 tape libraries
From: Yura Pismerov <ypismerov AT TUCOWS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 18:16:22 -0400
People say Qualstar is one of the best choices:

http://www.qualstar.com/146083.htm (not scalable, but rack mountable)
http://www.qualstar.com/146073.htm - TLS4440 scalable to 4480 (80
slots).

Also check
http://www.spectralogic.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=products.showContentAndChildren&CatID=76
I believe Spectra 20K can be ordered in minimal configuration of 30
slots and 2 drives and can scaled up to 200 slots and 8 drives. It is
rack mountable and takes only 14U (best density in the industry at the
moment).

We have been using an entry level Spectralogic library ( Spectra 2k - 30
slots, 2 drives) for 3 years and we are happy with the hardware
reliability.