Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWare and Open File Support

2003-05-11 18:55:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWare and Open File Support
From: Ryan Tassotti <LSS5 AT BRISBANE.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 08:54:51 +1000
Hi All

Just thought I'd send an update, in case anyone else finds this helpful

If you install the Networker client on Netware WITH OFS, the
networkr.ncf file in sys:system looks something like this:

�------------------
#Open File Support.
load snapshot userInt=off
search add SYS:NSR\BIN

# SYS:SYSTEM\NETWORKER.NCF
#
# For starting up NetWorker for Netware

load lgshim
load rpcxdr
load nsrlib
load rcmdsrv
load networkr
�-------------------

A different installation of the Networker client WITHOUT OFS, and the
NCF file is the same WITHOUT the first 2 lines. So, I joined the dots
... but when you start the Networker client with the 2 lines manually
removed, the client still thinks that OFS is enabled.  Maybe because
SNAPSHOT.NLM is still loaded in memory (though it is not being called
from AUTOEXEC.NCF).

So delete NSR dir, networkr.ini and networkr.ncf files .... reinstall
the client, WITHOUT OFS .... and now when you go F2 -> Open File
Support, you get "Open File Support is not installed".  Childproof!

Thanks to everyone who wrote back with help, much appreciated.

Regards,
Ryan.

This message has passed through an insecure network.
All enquiries should be directed to the message author