Networker

Re: [Networker] Macintosh client for OSX ?

2003-05-07 05:55:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] Macintosh client for OSX ?
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 05:54:36 -0400
On Wed, 7 May 2003, George Scott wrote:

>This prompts questions that have been on my mind recently...
>
>How often are these Media Kits released?
>
>Do they arrive automatically, or do you have to ask for them?
>
>Do they come directly from Legato, or through your supplier?
>
>I seem to get them only very rarely (and usually only when I purchase
>more licenses).  My most recent ones are from Aug 01, Nov 01, Feb 02,
>and Aug 02.
>
>I've talked to my supplier - he passes on all that he receives.
>
>What do you think about the MK packaging?

I don't know what you mean buy "MK packaging" but I simply take the CDs
from each distribution and put them in a big CD binder that I keep in my
office. and then I disgard the package in which the CDs were sent to me. I
do this with all my software, not just Legato so that I have everything in
one place.

>It doesn't impress me much.  It is difficult to use (putting things
>back into those pockets is a challenge) and doesn't hold the CDs
>securely (they fall out of their holder when you tip the package upside
>down).  Other manufacturers seem to do a much better job.

Legato usually seems to ship out new distributions whenever there's a new
NetWorker version out. About half the time, I seem to have to request the
CDs, and the other times, the package just arrives automatically. Truth be
told, I rarely use the CDs though, I just download the version of whatever
I need directly from Legato's ftp server.