Networker

Re: [Networker] Recovered file is 0 bytes?

2003-04-29 12:08:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] Recovered file is 0 bytes?
From: Matteo Scicolone <m.scicolone AT TERASYSTEM DOT IT>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:07:22 -0400
What I know is that even in NW 7.x you cannot restore a Windows file on a
Unix system. What you CAN do is graphically browse a Windows backup set
opening the Recover GUI from a Unix platform. But you still need to restore
files to the same OS that generated them (Windows on Windows and Unix on
Unix)

With version 6.x, you can just run the RECOVER CLI to do it. There is no
way of graphically browse a Windows backup set from a Unix NWRECOVER GUI.

That's what I know, if anyone of you knows something different, please tell
me.

Bye

Matt