Networker

Re: [Networker] Savegroup timeout

2003-04-24 16:36:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] Savegroup timeout
From: Dave Mussulman <mussulma AT CS.UIUC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 15:36:12 -0500
On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 11:20:08AM -0400, Joel Fisher wrote:
> Hey Bob,
>
> Probably what I'm going to do is split the groups up, so that if this
> happens, it doesn't affect nearly as many clients.
>
> Generally none of my groups take anywhere near 24 hours, so I figure if
> it has taken that long then it is probably hung on something.  So far
> it's not been a single client that is causing the problem... however
> they have all been Winblows clients.

I usually see this when a Sun is hung just enough that it starts
accepting connections, but nothing afterwards.

I have a cron job that checks to see which groups are running in the
morning, right-before-5 o'clock and at 10pm.  If there are any running,
it emails/pages me to go restart them.  I've never gone any further to
automate the procedure.  I can send you my notification perl script, if
you're interested.

Dave