Networker

[Networker] Oracle 9i Backup Problem ( CMD Line backups run, Legato GUI jobs do not )

2003-04-17 00:14:40
Subject: [Networker] Oracle 9i Backup Problem ( CMD Line backups run, Legato GUI jobs do not )
From: Pat Higgins <Pat.Higgins AT CHAPMANTRIPP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 16:14:27 +1200
Hello
Can anyone help with this problem?
Heres the environment details first of all.

The Backup Server:

Hostname is wgnmessage01
Legato Server: V6.2 Build 109
Operating System: NT Server 4.0 (Build 1381 Service Pack 6a )
Two DLT Tape Drives ( in the same Pool )

The Backup Client:

Hostname is wgnoracletest
Networker Module for Oracle: V3.5
Operating System: Win2K ( Service Pack 2 )
Oracle Database: Oracle 9i ( 9.0.1.1.1 )

The Problem:
On the Oracle server,when I run,
 rman nocatalog cmdfile D:\backup\backup_df.txt
on the command line, it successfully writes the data to tape on the Legato
server.

I can monitor the job in Nwadmin and it reports:
Thur 14:59:22 write completion notice:Writing to volume Oracle_Test.002
complete.
While the backup  is running I can see RMAN sessions starting up and closing
on the oracle server ( v$session ).

However , I cannot get manual or scheduled Oracle backup jobs to run from
the Legato Admin program.
I have been through the NMO Admin Guide ( and will be going through it again
).
I have configured the Backup Command for the client on the Remote tab as
nsrnmo.bat
I have configured the saveset for the client as d:\backup\backup_df.txt
The schedule for the client specifys to do a level "Full".

When the job is started:
A nsrsbtcn.exe starts on the Legato client, visible in Task Manager.
No RMAN sessions appear in v$session.

On the Legato Backup server, Nwadmin reports:
 Thur 14:22:05 savegroup info: starting Oracle_Backup1 ( with 1 client(s))
But thats all. nothing else happens , it all just sits there, till I abort
it.

The contents of the RMAN script ( d:\backup\backup_df.txt ) is shown below.

connect target system/"systems-password"@oracle9i # I'am just not showing
you the password here :-)
run {
set command id to 'Obk1';
allocate channel t1 type 'SBT_TAPE';
send
'NSR_ENV=(NSR_DATA_VOLUME_POOL=WGNDefault,NSR_SERVER=wgnmessage01.chapmantri
pp.co.nz)';
backup datafile 3 format 'df_%d_%u';
release channel t1;
}

If someone can help/advise I would be grateful.

Pat Higgins
Network Administrator
CTSY
Wellington N.Z.