Networker

Re: [Networker] Cloning operation never runs

2003-04-16 17:51:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] Cloning operation never runs
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 17:51:51 -0400
The command doesn't show much other than the fact that the volume is in
the 'Default Clone' pool. It says nothing about the pool type, but yes,
it is of type 'Backup Clone'.

It turns out that the problem was the fact that I failed to enter the
storage node server name into the "Clone storage nodes" field for the
client instance for the NetWorker server. They never tell you to do
this. I guess they just figure you should know that. In fact, there was
nothing listed, so the primary server was defaulting the operation to
its library, not the Storage Tek library attached to the storage node
server. Of course, the 'Default Clone' tape was in the library on the
storage node server, and there was no available clone pool volume on the
primary server's library so that's why the primaray server kept asking
for one. I added the storage node to the field and now it works. Of
course, never mind the fact that I decided to cancel it by using Ctrl-C
and now the darn thing is still running and I can't figure out how to
stop it, at least not gracefully, other than maybe shutting down and
re-starting NetWorker.

George