Networker

Re: [Networker] how to change barcodes ?

2003-04-15 18:38:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] how to change barcodes ?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 18:38:16 -0400
There might be a command you can run that will change this field in the
media data base. I know the location field can be changed with mmlocate,
so I'm thinking there could be a similar command that will change the
barcode value. On another note, I have discovered that if I recycle a
tape and I fail to remove the old volume before re-labeling it with the
new basrcode then Networker will assign the old barcode. In that case,
the trick is to first remove the old volume before re-labeling the tape.
However, it sounds like you do NOT want to remove the old volume and you
simply want to change the barcode to something new, correct?

George