Networker

[Networker] Exchange mailbox recovery

2003-04-10 02:18:03
Subject: [Networker] Exchange mailbox recovery
From: "King, Daniel" <DKing AT PM.COM DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 16:15:48 +1000
Hi all,
We have an issue here where someone (security team) decided to delete a
persons mailbox. As a result we have to restore the mailbox. But, Exchange,
being Exchange, we can't just select a mailbox and restore it. We have to
recover the whole PRIV.EDB then pull out the mailbox!
My question is,
Do we need to rebuild another system exactly the same, or can we just
rebuild another system and then restore the PRIV.EDB to that system and pull
out the mailbox?
I know it is a basic question for the Exchange admin guys, but I back stuff
up. I don't admin exchange.
Thanks.
dgk