Networker

Re: [Networker] Can the server update an index via a storage node?

2003-04-09 14:49:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] Can the server update an index via a storage node?
From: Carl Farnsworth <carl.farnsworth AT DIGIDYNE DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 14:49:32 -0400
This won't work - the client must be able to communicate directly with the
server.  Not only is the index updated by metadata communicated directly
from client to server, but the actual save is instigated by the server
sending the save command to the client.  Also, the client has to be
validated against the server directly.