Networker

Re: [Networker] SAN Tape Drive / Storage / Host Connectivity

2003-04-09 08:29:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] SAN Tape Drive / Storage / Host Connectivity
From: Dony Pierre <Pierre.Dony AT NBB DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 14:29:28 +0200
Hi Chris,

I share tape and disk access on the same SAN and on the same HBA (Emulex
LP8000) on a Solaris 2.8 and no problem.

We use also IP over SAN to obtain Lan free backup with the following config :

     * In Windows box : one HBA LP8000 - protocol : Scsi over Fibre channel for
access to data on IBM ESS disk
                                                  : IP over Fibre channel for
sending backup data to Networker server and storage node runnign on Solaris 2.8;

     * Solaris backup server : four HBA's LP9002 - protocol : on two HBA's : IP
over Fibre Channel
                                                              on two HBA's :
Scsi over Fibre channel for writting backup data on STK drive 9940 (connected
to the San) - and for writting backup catalog data on ESS disk.

With this config, I only need one Networker server and one storage node on
Unix. On Windows machine, I have only Networker client.

Regards.
Pierre.