Networker

Re: [Networker] [NetWorker] "! no output" error message

2003-04-09 06:27:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] [NetWorker] "! no output" error message
From: Paul White <Paul.White AT ADIC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 03:20:51 -0700
Alexandre,

I think you will find that if you look at the permissions of the root of the
D:\ drive you will find that the account that the "NetWorker remote Exec"
service is running as (SYSTEM by default) has no access permissions to the root
of the D:\ drive.

This commonly occurs when someone tries to make a box more secure, they open up
permissions on the root of a drive and delete all the "un-needed" accounts,
this is a high possibility in your case if they are web servers behind the
firewall?

When you run a manual backup/recover its processed with the account you are
logged in with at the time, when you run a scheduled backup from the server it
uses the account specified in the service setup in control panel, in this case
it has no permissions to access the drive and you get that very helpful and
descriptive "NO OUPUT!" error.

Which ever account you have the "NetWorker remote Exec" service running as,
SYSTEM or a dedicated backup account, then grant access permissions for this
account to the root of the "D:\" drive.

Hope that helps

Regards

Paul

Paul White BSc (Hons), Pre-Sales Systems Engineer
Advanced Digital Information Corporation (ADIC) Europe