Networker

Re: [Networker] The use of null in unix directives?

2003-04-01 11:10:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] The use of null in unix directives?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 09:52:20 -0500
Well, I, too, dicovered that if I ran nwrecover and simply specified the
path, then I could get it to show up, but in at least one case, it did
not. It seems that incrementals do not cause this affect, but a full
will, unless, of course, you know to specify the full path as you
suggested. However, as I said, in one case even this did not work, but
when I used the null, it did. I misspoke in in my original e-mail. What
I rally meant to ask was this:

Would it be better for the directive to read:

<< /raid >>
null: dir1
null: dir2
null: dir3

OR instead read:

<< /raid/dir1 >>
+null: .?* *
<< /raid/dir2 >>
+null: .?* *
<< /raid/dir3 >>
+null: .?* *

I'm kind of paranoid about not being able to see things later (recover
or nwrecover), so I'm thinking I might need the second choice, but I'm
wondering if the first one would be good enough. I'm just curious if the
absence of the '+' would preclude me from accessing files files deeper
down when doing a recover or nwrecover?

George