Networker

Re: [Networker] Directive Question

2003-03-31 16:13:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] Directive Question
From: Andrew McGeorge <Andrew.McGeorge AT ASBBANK.CO DOT NZ>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 09:11:20 +1200
Brad,

The easy way in your case is to specify the savesets and forget the
directives
C:\
SYSTEM STATE:\

If it is a Windows 2000 server, specify these as well:

SYSTEM FILES:\
SYSTEM DB:\

If you want to use directives, here is why yours doesn't work:

Directives are case sensitive. The drive letters are always upper case.

Looking at Georges suggestion, it will not work. You can only operate on one
level at a time.

<<"C:\">>
+skip: "program files\exchsrv"

will not work.

Do it this way:

<<"C:\Program Files\">>
+skip: exchsrv

<<"D:\">>
+skip: *.*

Be careful how you use the "+" as you can find yourself skipping more than
you mean to.