Networker

Re: [Networker] EMC-ORACLE-LEGATO

2003-03-26 20:12:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] EMC-ORACLE-LEGATO
From: John Herlihy <johnh AT XSIDATA.COM DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 12:17:17 +1100
Hi Baris,

I've done an install in an environment like the one you describe, however, our
customer only wanted to backup their archive logs once a day (at backup time),
and only used "save" to backup their bcvs.

We worked with EMC to script the backup process so that the following (basic)
processes would occur:

1 - unmount the bcvs and sync them with the standard/target disks.
2 - switch oracle redo log file.
3 - put db into hot backup mode.
4 - split the bcvs for the disks that contain the database.
5 - take db out of hot backup mode.
6 - switch oracle redo log file.
7 - split the bcvs for the disks that contain the archive logs.
8 - mount the bcvs on the backup node.
9 - do a full backup of the bcv filesystems.

These processes could be adapted to backup your archive logs through bcvs.

HTH,
John

John Herlihy - System Engineer
e-DataServices
A Division of XSI Data Solutions Pty Ltd

Direct:  +61-2-9496-1153
Fax:     +61-2-9417-4932
Email:   johnh AT e-dataservices.com DOT au