Networker

Re: [Networker] Bar code reader and inventory question?

2003-03-26 16:52:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] Bar code reader and inventory question?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 16:52:03 -0500
I assume it has no problems with you changing the location field even
though that location may not yet exist? I guess I'm trying to determine
if it matters whether you change the location for the tapes before or
after you actually move the library and or set up the new storage node.
Seems like it wouldn't make any difference as long as you were careful
to obtain the names of the tapes before you moved it. Otherwise, if you
waited, the location will no longer point to where it was. You couldn't
then run 'nsrjb -C' since they'd no longer be there and they'd list out
as '_*' in the new mount listing. Likewise, running mminfo to get the
names of the volumes that were in the old location would work but only
if you did it first; othwerwise, the old value might now be empty so
there would no longer be a way to automate the process of generating the
names of the volumes to feed to the mmlocate command.

George