Networker

Re: [Networker] Bar code reader and inventory question?

2003-03-26 11:15:27
Subject: Re: [Networker] Bar code reader and inventory question?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 11:15:20 -0500
What would be the best way to come up with the list of volumes that need
to changed to the new location so you can feed this to the mmlocate
command? Obviously, if you waited until after you moved the library, you
would not have an easy way to do this since everything would now show up
as '_*' in the mount window. What if you ran a command to list out the
tapes before you moved anything and then you directed this to the
mmlocate command for each such volume. Would it be okay to change the
location before you actually moved the library? Maybe even before the
new storage node server is in place?

George