Networker

Re: [Networker] Turning off a storage node?

2003-03-26 11:00:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] Turning off a storage node?
From: Davina Treiber <treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 11:00:33 -0500
On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 10:20:57 -0500, George Sinclair
<George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV> wrote:

>I had a client that was running as a storage node server, but I've since
>set up another machine to be the new storage node and I stopped the
>daemons on the old machine. I changed all the clients to point to the
>new storage node server and everything is happily running. I would,
>however, like to backup the old machine as a client, but if I re-start
>the daemons, won't NetWorker think it's re-starting the old storage
>node? How do I make it think this is just running as a client?

It will only behave as a storage node if there are any devices defined on
it. If this is the case it will start nsrmmd processes, otherwise it will
only start nsrexecd processes. If you want to be tidy about it you can
remove the storage node package, but it's not really necessary.