Networker

Re: [Networker] W2K and securepath

2003-03-26 08:56:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] W2K and securepath
From: Hrvoje Crvelin <hcrvelin AT ORCHESTRA DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 14:57:00 +0100
Hi,

> {Lost Delayed-Write Data} The system was attempting to
> transfer file data from buffers to
> \Device\HarddiskVolume3. The write operation failed,
> and only some of the data may have been written to the
> file.
>From MSQ163401:
By default, when the Microsoft Windows NT redirector opens
a file for read or read/write access, the redirector utilizes
the Windows NT system cache. Therefore, when data is written
to the file, it is written to the cache and not immediately
flushed to the redirector. The cache manager flushes the data
at a later time. If an unrecoverable network error occurs
while the data is being transferred to the remote server, it
may cause the write request to fail and the above application
popup to occur.

This issue may trigger Windows Event ID 26 which is exactly
what You get.  I would suggest to increase disk space if
possible.  I would also open a MS support call if that fails.

Cheers,
Hrvoje Crvelin
Orchestra Service GmbH