Networker

[Networker] Problem backing up a Windows NT server

2003-03-25 11:09:49
Subject: [Networker] Problem backing up a Windows NT server
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 11:09:35 -0500
The Power Edition 6.1.1 NetWorker server (on Tru64 Unix 4.0f) here does a
wonderful job of backing up various Windows NT/2000, NetWare, Solaris, and
Tr64 Unix systems, but one particular NT 5.0 system refuses to back up.
This NT server has the NetWorker 6.1.1 client on it and when I do a
savegrp -p of it, no problems at all are detected. When the server is
actually backed up, I get numerous errors. Any suggestions on how to
resolve this problem will be appreciated:

Here is the error log from my latest attempt to back up this server:

* cj.temple:C:\ 5 retries attempted
  cj.temple:C:\: No full backups of this save set were found in
the media database; performing a full backup
* cj.temple:C:\ save: RPC error: Unable to send
* cj.temple:D:\ 5 retries attempted
  cj.temple:D:\: No full backups of this save set were found in
the media database; performing a full backup
* cj.temple:D:\ save: RPC error: Unable to send
* cj.temple:SYSTEM FILES:\ 5 retries attempted
  cj.temple:SYSTEM FILES:\: No full backups of this save set were
found in the media database; performing a full backup
* cjprodemis.temple:SYSTEM FILES:\ save: RPC error: Unable to send
* cjprodemis.temple:SYSTEM FILES:\ System Files - Failed to save
c:\winnt\system32\cdosys.dll, 0xffffffff
* cjprodemis.temple:SYSTEM FILES:\ System Files - Error saving