Networker

[Networker] Solstice Backup 6.1.1 and 2 jukebox usage.

2003-03-25 07:44:29
Subject: [Networker] Solstice Backup 6.1.1 and 2 jukebox usage.
From: "Bill Hewitt (cst)" <bill AT COGSCI.ED.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 12:44:24 GMT
I added a second Storedge L280 jukebox to our system yesterday and am now a bit
puzzled by the system behaviour. Is there a good document out ther that
describes how to run with 2 jukeboxes on a server?

Things I am seeing are :-

1) When a backup group starts, it says waiting for 2 writable tapes for pool
blah. Is this correct behaviour ?

2) Occasionally I am seeing the system not noticing that it has a writable tape
for a pool, even though the correct tape is in one of the jukeboxes. How is
this supposed to work ?

If anyone has any hints and tips on how to add a second jukebox to a system ?
Can you just assume that 2 8 slot jukeboxes will sort of act as one 16 slot
jukebox, or do you need to be more precise with the setup ?

Sheer momentum makes us act this way or that way
We just invent or just assume a motivation  - Robert Wyatt

Bill Hewitt                  || Computing Support Team
School of Informatics        || EMAIL : Bill.Hewitt AT ed.ac DOT uk
University of Edinburgh      || OR    : bill AT inf.ed.ac DOT uk
2 Buccleuch Place            || VOICE : +44 (0131) 650 4429
Edinburgh EH8 9LW            || FAX   : +44 (0131) 650 4587