Networker

Re: [Networker] Save Set Recover

2003-03-18 10:34:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] Save Set Recover
From: Hrvoje Crvelin <hcrvelin AT ORCHESTRA DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 16:39:11 +0100
Hi,

At this point reading docs is recommended.  If You wish
to keep files as You mentioned, thinks about the following
approach:
- You have special pool as You said for these files (let's call it
archbck)
- You label the tape with manual recycle option
- You save the files
- once the tape is full, export it out to safe (but if You wish to
  have it safe for more than decase then trusting in tapes is Your
  own risk; use optical media instead)
- If after 10 years You want this still browsable You have several
  options, but scanning would be easiest one

This is just one approach and many other ppl will probably give
You some other approaches.  Reading the docs and understanding
how it works may give You an idea as well.

> If I set browse-time to 10 years for specific client & for specific
> save set, does all the other save-sets's browse time of this client
> affected?
Are You running 6.x or higher?  Then no.

> Does Other pools belong to this client affected?
Browse and retention is ssid specific in Legato world.  So the answer
is no.  Pool does not belong to the client, but vice versa.

Cheers,
.c