Networker

Re: [Networker] configuring a fibre attached library

2003-03-17 21:32:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] configuring a fibre attached library
From: "Jasionowicz, Gary J" <Gary_J_Jasionowicz AT FLEETCL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 21:31:51 -0500
I have tried all of the things you mentioned but I am still having the same
issue.  The devices are showing up on the fibre card.  I removed all of the
old devices before recabling, recabled the library via fibre, and then ran
cfgmgr and it found all the new devices.  However inquire and inquire -l
both fail to see the tape devices.  I am confused at how AIX can find the
devices and configure them but inquire and jbconfig do not see them.  Also
when I do a tctl -f/dev/rmt0 rewind it does rewind the tape so the server
does have connectivity back to the tape library.

Gary