Networker

Re: [Networker] Has anyone seen this one?

2003-03-17 15:15:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] Has anyone seen this one?
From: Carston Locher <clocher AT LEGATO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 11:48:22 -0800
George,

You should check /nsr/cores for any new core dumps.  My guess is
you'll see a core dump for nsrmmd.  I've seen this problem with
tapes that were being written to and either nsrmmd or NetWorker
in general went down unexpectedly.

You should also check /nsr/logs/daemon.* and see if you can find
any problems that happened during the history of that tape.  My
guess is if you still have the logs you'll see some kind of crash
during the writing to that tape.

Another comment from your original email bothers me.  You mention the
tape was full so you write protected it.  Once a tape is full there
is no need for you to write protect it.  NetWorker marks the tape
as full and will not try to write to it.  Could you explain the logic
of write protecting it to me?

Thanks,

Carston