Networker

[Networker] Has anyone seen this one?

2003-03-13 10:38:16
Subject: [Networker] Has anyone seen this one?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:38:10 -0500
Okay,

I went to mount a full LTO tape yesterday, and as NetWorker was trying
to mount it, a message popped into the nwadmin messages box indicating
that NetWorker was writing x number of bytes before the crash -- I don't
recall any crash -- so then it forwards a bunch of records through the
tape and when it reaches the point where it wants to start writing data
-- I guess that's what it wanted to do --  it then complains that the
tape is read-only. Well, of course it's write-protected because the
volume window shows it as full, so we write-protected it sometime ago.
NetWorker then ejects the tape. Hmm.... Obviously, un-write protecting
the tape will not help since there's no space. What should I do?! I
can't mount the tape without NetWorker insisting on wanting to write to
it. There was no activity going on on the server or storage node at the
time. nwadmin shows everything is quiet. All groups are dormant. Nothing
is running. I can mount other tapes in this same pool, and they mount
just dandy. Clearly, NetWorker must have had some problem at some point
in the past and it still thinks it has some stuff to write to this
volume? How can that be?! How do I fix that?

Thanks.

George