Networker

[Networker] SV: [Networker] SV: [Networker] Drive cleaning

2003-03-12 09:57:15
Subject: [Networker] SV: [Networker] SV: [Networker] Drive cleaning
From: Salvatore Buccoliero <sb AT EXELLO DOT DK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:56:58 +0100
Yes it works just fine. I have set it up numerous times, and seen it
work.
Know for a fact that it works from 6.1.x and up.
Of course you can still have cleaning problems if the cleaning takes too
long, and NW times out and so.
I guess that few knows about this, as it is undocumented in the
networker admin guides.

The setup is simple.
Configure jb to auto cleaning. Dont configure devices with a cleaning
interval.
load the cleaning volume in the networker configured cleaning slot
Load number of default clenings with nsrjb -U (i mostly use 20)
When a device goes into need cleaning state, NetWorker detects it and
automatically cleans the drive with the cleaning cartridge.