Networker

Re: [Networker] Legato Server on Linux

2003-03-10 14:09:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] Legato Server on Linux
From: "Peter L. Buschman" <plb AT IOTK DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 20:08:45 +0100
George:

Try MTX for controlling the jukebox without nsrjb:

        http://sourceforge.net/projects/mtx

Best regards,

        --PLB

At 12:45 PM 3/10/2003 -0500, George Sinclair wrote:

Yes, Davina is correct. It's the /etc/stinint.def file, not
/etc/st.conf. I must have been thinking in the Solaris world. The one
problem I have with the nsrjb command to load a blank tape using -'n'
parameter is that you're still using NetWorker to do it. I guess the
whole idea of being able to Not use NetWorker is in the event that
NetWorker is completely hosed up in some manner, and you want to
completely remove NetWorker from the test equation. Like maybe there's
been some kind of error on a drive and NetWorker refuses to work with it
even though the drive is fine. On our P1000 tape libraries I would have
no problem using the library GUI to load a tape in there, assuming, of
course, the drive was working properly, but I have seen cases where
NetWorker was too confused or discombobulated to do it under nwadmin.

Davina, will 'nsrjb -l -n' still work for loading a tape in a particular
slot and drive if NetWorker has lost the ability to communicate with the
drive via nwadmin? In other words, if Nwadmin refuses to work with the
drive, but the drive will accept tapes manually by phsically loading
them, will the nsrjb command still work for the affected drive?

Any ball park figure on the cost of Horizon?

Thanks.

George