Networker

Re: [Networker] changing tape marked recyclable to un-recyclable

2003-03-07 17:21:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] changing tape marked recyclable to un-recyclable
From: "Martin J. Dellwo" <dellwo AT 3DP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 17:21:00 -0500
Well, I was able to reclone the savesets I wanted, so I think I'm ok.  I
 had just re-marked the tape, perhaps if I had left it overnight the
indexes would have gotten deleted...

By the way, if I did a backup and everything succeeded EXCEPT the index
portion, is the backup any good?  I had this happen recently on a backup
job that I wanted to store offsite longterm, wondering if I should
repeat the job.

Carston Locher wrote:
Martin,

Before you start doing the dance of joy I would verify that the
index entries weren't removed.  Just because you can change the
status doesn't guarantee that the index entries weren't already
removed.

You should use nsrinfo or recover(nwrecover) and verify that the
index entries still exist.

--
Martin J. Dellwo   (610) 458-5264 x6512   dellwo AT 3dp DOT com
Systems Administrator, 3-Dimensional Pharmaceuticals, Inc.