Networker

Re: [Networker] EMC Celerra/Clariion

2003-03-06 09:56:27
Subject: Re: [Networker] EMC Celerra/Clariion
From: "Gudz, Roman (EM, PTL)" <Roman.Gudz AT PENSKE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 09:56:01 -0500
The save command still supports backing up remote files if you use the -L
option.

In our case, I setup a 2nd client definition for our HP-UX NetWorker server
and in the saveset list put the following:

/net/pltc402/fs_01_snap_nfs
/net/pltc402/fs_02_snap_nfs
/net/pltc402/fs_03_snap_nfs
/net/pltc402/fs_04_snap_nfs
/net/pltc402/fs_05_snap_nfs
/net/pltc402/fs_06_snap_nfs
/net/pltc402/fs_07_snap_nfs
/net/pltc402/fs_08_snap_nfs
/net/pltc402/fs_09_snap_nfs
/net/pltc402/fs_10_snap_nfs

These are the snapped Celerra File Systems exported via NFS.

In our case we use AutoFS to access these file systems.  I could have setup
a hard mount.

The NetWorker recover interface shows the files under /net.

This work OK for a small number of file systems.  We only use it for
Celerra, I do not think you would want to do all your backups using NFS to
avoid license fees.

We choose not to use NDMP because the savesets cannot be cloned and because
our Disaster Recovery vendor does not offer a Celerra at a reasonable cost.

Roman