Networker

[Networker] Directive syntax under NT?

2003-03-05 11:44:58
Subject: [Networker] Directive syntax under NT?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 11:44:54 -0500
Hi,

I have two questions: First, I notice that the directive: "NT Standard
directives" that NetWorker provides out of box is empty. I have selected
this directive for all our NT clients, but it seems odd that there might
not be at least something on an NT box worth typically worth skipping.
Any thoughts?

Second, for a typical Unix client, I often employ something like this to
skip all files under a given path:

<< /path >>
+skip: * .*?

or I might choose +null * .?* for skipping all files if I want to keep
the path names available for browsing. Sometimes, I just use 'skip: dir'
if everything I want skipped lives under one subdirectory. Again, 'null:
dir' could be used if I want to see the name when I browse. *BUT*, under
NT, should I use '*' or '*.*' when skipping or nulling all files in the
given directory? What about hidden files under NT? Are these captured
with '*', or do I need to use another gimmick?

Thanks.

George