Networker

[Networker] duplicate client indexes / recovery issues

2003-03-04 13:23:57
Subject: [Networker] duplicate client indexes / recovery issues
From: Robert Legate <rlegate AT SHAW DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 11:23:54 -0700
Solaris 2.8  Networker 6.1.3 Build 428
1 Server, 1 storage node.
Our naming convention consists of a the client's hostname [hostname] and
[hostname-b] for the backup interface, which is on a separate LAN.
I first setup a client using the gui on the backup server, to be backed up on
the storage node, without the [-b] by mistake, deleted it, and created a new
one:

erroneous: hostname
new: hostname -b

After the first full backup was completed two entries appeared in the indexes,
one for the erroneous entry and one for the correct, both with the same
savesets.
I am unable, however, to recover any files using nwrecover from the client. I
can browse and select files to recover, but upon starting the recovery process
it says it is unable to find any savesets.
I deleted both directories under /opt/nsr/index for hostname and hostname-b,
and then deleted the hostname-b client. I then restarted networker, created the
client hostname-b, ran a backup, and am still in the same situation: two sets
of indexes listed in the gui, only now there is no directory for hostname, only
for hostname-b. under /opt/nsr/index.
Are there other entries that need to be deleted?
I thought of renaming the client with a totally new hostname and starting over,
but this is not an option.

Rob Legate
780-493-2625
780 498-6540 cell