Networker

Re: [Networker] How are folks handling offsite storage? We were sending clones off site manually, but then the clones won't scratch (recycle) till the primary save set does.

2003-03-03 13:03:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] How are folks handling offsite storage? We were sending clones off site manually, but then the clones won't scratch (recycle) till the primary save set does.
From: Davina Treiber <treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 13:03:06 -0500
On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 10:24:13 -0600, Ed Skolnik <eskolnik AT INTERPUBLIC DOT COM>
wrote:

>How for specific questions:
>I was wondering how others perform this process.
>I've been playing around with updating the location on the media
>database using nsrmm, but when the volume is re-deposited in the juke
>box the location doesn't get automatically updated.

If you use the mmlocate command for this it will work just fine.

>How you deposit takes in your juke box,  When I deposit , I have to do a
>full inventory of the juke box, which causes all the new tapes (never
>used by networker) to be mounted and read for a label that's not found.
You need a script that will deposit the tapes and only inventory the slots
that were deposited to. You can find a script to do this at
http://www.DriveConsultants.com/deposit_tapes

>Does any know what command updates and reports  the remarks in the media
>database?
>  (I looked at the mmifo man page and can't find anything)
mmlocate.