Networker

[Networker] How are folks handling offsite storage? We were sending clones off site manually, but then the clones won't scratch (recycle) till the primary save set does.

2003-03-03 11:25:03
Subject: [Networker] How are folks handling offsite storage? We were sending clones off site manually, but then the clones won't scratch (recycle) till the primary save set does.
From: Ed Skolnik <eskolnik AT INTERPUBLIC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 10:24:13 -0600
How are folks handling offsite storage? We were sending clones off site
manually, but then the clones won't scratch (recycle) till the primary
save set does.

How I am looking to clone the world and mark the originals as full,
suspect, and then send them offsite. Some-how I'll delete (using mminfo
and nsrmm -d -y -S) the clone savesets after  14 days so I don't double
my tape usage.

How for specific questions:
I was wondering how others perform this process.
I've been playing around with updating the location on the media
database using nsrmm, but when the volume is re-deposited in the juke
box the location doesn't get automatically updated.
How you deposit takes in your juke box,  When I deposit , I have to do a
full inventory of the juke box, which causes all the new tapes (never
used by networker) to be mounted and read for a label that's not found.

Does any know what command updates and reports  the remarks in the media
database?
  (I looked at the mmifo man page and can't find anything)

Ed Skolnik
The Interpublic Group Of Companies, Inc.
GIS  Chicago System Administrator
676 North St. Clair Street
Chicago, Illinois 60611
Phone: 312-425-6554
Fax: 312-425-6924
e-mail: eskolnik AT Interpublic DOT com

This message contains information which may be confidential and
privileged. Unless you are the intended recipient (or authorized to
receive this message for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy,
disseminate or disclose to anyone the message or any information
contained in the message. If you have received the message in error,
please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message. Thank
you very much.