Networker

Re: [Networker] If I make a tape manually recycleable, will it st ay in the databa se?

2003-02-28 16:04:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] If I make a tape manually recycleable, will it st ay in the databa se?
From: Julia Byrnes <JByrnes AT PHN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 13:04:39 -0800
>IE if I clone a daily backup to a clone tape in a "yearly clone" pool and
>set the yearly clone tape to manually recyclable, will I still be able to
>browse the contents of this tape after the original expires?  If not, how
>could I tell the media DB to keep the clone browseable for more time?

I do this kind of thing with monthend clones.  I find that I can look under
the volumes tab and view the tape, see the servers that were backed up on
the tape and the main directories and the saveset id.  When I go to do the
restore I need to scan the tape in and then I 'pick' my files to restore.

Now this was the way I was doing it in 5.5.3.  My understanding is that you
can mark the savesets recycle time in version 6+ but I have only just done
the upgrade so haven't figured it out just yet.

Julia

The information contained in this electronic message is for the exclusive
and confidential use of the addressee.  Any other distribution, use,
reproduction or alteration of the information contained in this electronic
message, by the addressee or by any other recipient, without the prior
written consent of Phillips, Hager & North Investment Management Ltd. is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this electronic message in error,
please notify the sender.