Networker

[Networker] NetWorker reports incr for Windows file system but runs full

2003-02-28 11:15:19
Subject: [Networker] NetWorker reports incr for Windows file system but runs full
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:15:16 -0500
Hi,

If I launch an incremental for a particular group containing a Windows
client, I notice that NetWorker always insists on running a level full
on the SYSTEM STATE:\ file system for the affected client, but the
strange thing is that when I look at the pending window under group
control for the given group, I see that it lists the SYSTEM STATE:\ file
system as an incremental. In other words, all indications are that it
intends to run an incremental for it, but, of course, it really ends up
running a full. Why, if NetWorker really wants to run a full on it,
doesn't it just say what it's going to do up front?

There appear to be several Windows file systems that NetWorker seems to
insist on always wanting to run a full on, but the list seems to change
with each release. Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks.

George
George.Sinclair AT noaa DOT gov