Networker

[Networker] Separating data/index best practice

2003-02-28 00:53:35
Subject: [Networker] Separating data/index best practice
From: Levi Ashcol <leviashcol AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 07:53:13 +0200
Hi,
Our current backup system is made of 2 groups:
  - DATA backing up data disks.
  - SYSTEM backing up system disks.

Running the backup in this form make the bootstrap scattered on many
tapes
 and will be near to impossible to disaster recover in a timely
manner(using scanner) !

We are thinking about separating data tapes and bootstrap(indices)
tapes.
 My questions:
   - Is this a recommended best practice ?
   - How can we accomplish this ? Any step by step document/URL will be
useful.
   - How can I print bootstrap information of a certain backup set
     a week after a full backup ?

Will appreciate any pointers.

Thanks

Levi