Networker

Re: [Networker] Drive cleaning

2003-02-27 12:06:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] Drive cleaning
From: "Craig, Albert" <ACraig AT ANAPHARM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:06:09 -0500
Tim is right about tape labels. Moreover, our StorageTek L40 library required
that we use new/different cleaning cartridge labels when we changed our drives
from DLT8000 to SDLT320s.

I was also told that since there are not yet any cleaning tapes that clean both
DLT8000 and SDLT320 drives, the autoclean functionalities of the library will
not work when both types of drives reside in the same library. I don't have any
more details than that.

Cheers,

Albert Craig
Project Coordinator