Networker

Re: [Networker] savegroup start on a new tape

2003-02-26 16:03:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] savegroup start on a new tape
From: "Lewis, Terry {Info~Palo Alto}" <TERRY.LEWIS AT ROCHE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 13:02:28 -0800
BaCha,

 As Tim says, use nsrmm between backups to change the status
of the most recently created backup tape(s).  However, instead
of marking them readonly and/or recyclable, you probably want
to mark them as full.  That way, NetWorker won't pick the tape(s)
for subsequent backup cycles, but will still recycle the tape(s)
according to whatever rules you have in effect.

Terry