Networker

Re: [Networker] segment size

2003-02-24 14:24:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] segment size
From: Carston Locher <clocher AT LEGATO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:24:34 -0800
David,

Sorry if I wasn't clear.  If a person doesn't buy the update maintenance
contract they don't get the software or the update enabler which would
allow them to move to a new version of the server.  So even if he
downloaded 6.1.3 from the web he couldn't use it.

I was simply saying if he doesn't have update maintenance he should get
it so he is entitled to upgrade to a newer version.  He would then be
able to upgrade to the latest release like 6.1.3.

I was not talking about a Technical Support Contract.  He likely doesn't
have the update maintenance contract or a technical support contract
(they are not the same thing).

The bottom line is he is running a version that is 5 years old.  If he
has a problem recovering data he might be up a creek with no paddle as
that version is no longer supported (whether he pays for update
maintenance/support contract, etc.).

Thanks,

Carston