Networker

[Networker] SUMMARY Re: [Networker] Netwrorker permanent "Resource temporarily unavailable" error

2003-02-19 09:35:38
Subject: [Networker] SUMMARY Re: [Networker] Netwrorker permanent "Resource temporarily unavailable" error
From: Irvine Short <irvine AT SANBI.AC DOT ZA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:35:28 +0200
To cut my previous long story short I was getting a persistent "Resource
Temporarily Unavailable" error after mucking about with my Networker
installation.

The drives on their own with no jukebox configured were fine. mt status
and rewind worked fine on both drives and I could label the tapes and
write to them with Networker.

However jbexercise still gave me "Resource Temporarily Unavailable"

After that I ran a mt -f <path to drive 1> status and got a "Resource
Temporarily Unavailable" again. This puzzled me since there was a tape
in  the drive.

Shortly after I realised I had consistently been referring to drive 1
in the jukebox with the path to drive two and vice versa. No wonder I
was getting grief from the thing - kind of like driving with your legs
crossed and using your right foot on the clutch and your left on the
accellerator and brake.

Hope this saves someone out there some similar grief one day.

Cheers all,

--

Irvine Short

Sys Admin
SANBI, University of the Western Cape, South Africa
http://www.sanbi.ac.za
tel: +27-21-959 3645
cel: +27-82-494 3828