Networker

Re: [Networker] How do I get a legato patch

2003-02-19 07:32:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] How do I get a legato patch
From: Davina Treiber <treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 07:32:16 -0500
On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 07:23:26 -0500, Ingo Roschmann <ingo AT VISIONET DOT DE>
wrote:

>might it be possible, that not every patch is published there?

More than possible, most certainly true. Legato do NOT publish hotfixes for
general release. Hotfixes are supplied sometimes for support customers with
specific problems in specific environments. In many cases it would be
dangerous to blindly install a hotfix without the help of Support. Such a
hotfix would be placed in a non-public location on their FTP server for the
use of one particular support customer.

>I am looking for a post-2.0-005-build225-patch of the exchange business
>module for nt, but can't find it. Can anyone tell me how to obtain the
>quickfixes of bsm exchange nt 2.0-005 build 230 or later without having a
>support contract? I'm especially interested in LGTpa32834.

Well I suggest you stump up the cash for a Support contract like the rest of
us. If you are not a support customer you are not entitled to these hotfixes.