Networker

[Networker] Restore Problem

2003-02-13 10:23:02
Subject: [Networker] Restore Problem
From: Matthew Bourne <mbourne2001 AT LYCOS.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 10:22:54 -0500
Good Afternoon,

I have just upgraded from 6.1 to 6.1.2.

The server is running HP-UX 11.00; storage node runs NT4 SP6.
Both have 8-slot DLT7000 JB's attached.

Scenario:
My client machine has a large saveset that spans multiple backup volumes.
When I attempt to recover some files from this saveset, the client GUI
requests a single tape, say VolA.
On the server, however, nwadmin shows that the restore session is waiting
for a different tape, say VolB.
When I check, the saveset I am restoring from does span both tapes.
Why does the client not request the correct tape?
I am going to upgrade the client s/w to the same release and try the test
again.
This behaviour has been demonstrated on two clients now - one running NT4
SP6 server, the other running Solaris 8.
The problem was raised with our 3rd party support company, but I decided
not to pursue until the upgrade was complete.  They seemed to think that I
was not the only user with this problem.
Has anyone else seen this behaviour?
All responses to the list please - I never check that mail account !!
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Matthew