Networker

Re: [Networker] AW: [Networker] Inactivity Timeout on particular Save Set

2003-02-13 09:57:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] AW: [Networker] Inactivity Timeout on particular Save Set
From: Ingo Roschmann <ingo AT VISIONET DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:57:05 -0500
The save set _is_ large (70GB, many files), but:

I don't think it is a problem of traversing the file system as
- the error occurs only from time to time (say, every two weeks)
- the save process on the client stops responding very early (after a few
  ten seconds) and then does not use any cpu power any more
- the error also occurs when performing a full backup (whereas I must
  admit, that this did not happen spontaneously up to now, only when a
  hanging save process already existed on the client)
- I already tried with an inactivity timeout of 12 hours, same results

Details on the backup client follow, all I can say now, is, that the
machine isn't slow; OS is Win2000; Networker version is 6.1.1 (server and
client)

Ingo