Networker

Re: [Networker] Thoughts? Storage firm Legato looking for buyer

2003-02-12 10:38:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] Thoughts? Storage firm Legato looking for buyer
From: Matthew Bourne <mbourne2001 AT LYCOS.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:38:41 -0500
Well honestly.

It seems to me to be highly unlikely that the writer of the article at the
start of this thread has ever been anywhere near a decent Tivoli (ADSM)
implementation.  I use NetWrecker because I have to, and for no other
reason than that.  One of the most glaring omissions from this product, for
me, is a web-based administration tool.  This was part of the Tivoli
offering back in 2000 and probably before.

Purists might argue that you just need to know the command line inside out
to achieve the same benefits, which is fine if your support team is large
enough to have someone doing nothing other than backups.

Just my two pence / cents
M.