Networker

Re: [Networker] LTO vs SDLT

2003-02-12 01:45:45
Subject: Re: [Networker] LTO vs SDLT
From: John Herlihy <johnh AT XSIDATA.COM DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 17:40:46 +1100
Nice little plug there, Sunil ;)

We've found that our LTO customers are rock-solid compared to our SDLT
customers. LTO2 is just coming out, and is the current winner in terms
of native speed and capacity with 30MB/sec and 200GB. SDLT320 is
supposed to be much more reliable than SDLT220, but we've only just
started deploying it.. SDLT220 caused more trouble for us than it was
worth.

Cheers,
John