Networker

[Networker] NDMP, SAN backups, tape libraries, etc.

2003-02-10 09:04:31
Subject: [Networker] NDMP, SAN backups, tape libraries, etc.
From: Teresa Biehler <tpbsys AT RIT DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 09:04:20 -0500
Hi all,

We're getting ready to put in a new environment (new server, library,
tape technology).  I was hoping to find someone who has experience with
at least some part of what we're doing, since we're going to be doing a
LOT of new things at once.

o Is anyone using NDMP to back up an EMC NAS?  Did NDMP work as
advertized?  Did you have any problems?  If so, how were they resolved?
We've got a Clariion/Celerra environment that we plan on backing up with
NDMP.

o We'd like to attach our new backup host and library to our EMC SAN.
Is anyone doing that?  What was your experience with this
configuration?  Was the performance what you expected?  Did you have any
problems doing backups over the SAN (with SAN storage nodes)?

o Have you used ADIC Scalar 1000 or 10K?  Have you been happy with
them?  When you had problems, how were they resolved?

Thanks.
Teresa