Networker

[Networker] Storage node waiting for tape

2003-02-07 12:07:56
Subject: [Networker] Storage node waiting for tape
From: "Voetelink D." <voetelink AT ECN DOT NL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 18:07:52 +0100
Hi,

In our configuration we use a server and one storage node. We use a different
pool for each week, and every friday we disable the last used pool and enable
the new one. The tapes in both the server and the storage node belong to
the same pool.

Last weekend I found that the backups were waiting for a tape to be mounted
at the storage node. There were enough tapes for the used pool recyclable
( and set to 'recycle automatically ). It was 'suggesting' to relabel a
tape for writing on the storage node... The tape it was suggesting was in the
jukebox on the server....

The only solution at that time was to manually relabel a tape on the storage
node.
Now, just before this weekend, I see the exact same behaviour with a little
test....

Is this behaviour correct?
Is there anything I can do to restrict the storage node to use only the tapes
it has in its OWN jukebox?
Do I need to use a seperate pool for the storage node?

The server and storage node both run 6.1.3. The server is Tru64 UNIX, the
storage
node is Linux.

Thanks,

Dennis