Networker

Re: [Networker] 6.1.3 Any new fun bugs

2003-02-07 11:42:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] 6.1.3 Any new fun bugs
From: Donovan O'Brien <dobrien AT SIAC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 11:41:53 -0500
The unused volumes have volume names of   "  -*  "     and volids of   "  -
".

The label problem comes up for many different volumes, so I doubt that it
is a
volume issue.

                    Robert Maiello
                    <robert.maiello@        To:     NETWORKER AT
LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU, "Donovan O'Brien" <dobrien AT siac DOT com>
                    medec.com>              cc:
                                            Subject:     Re: 6.1.3 Any new fun
bugs
                    02/07/2003 11:28
                    AM

Donovan,
I'm still waiting the early days of this version out although I've heard
good things about
it.
Your experience is of interest to me as I'm running an ATL P3000.    In
regards to
your problem;
If you look in your volumes window do you have a tape with a volume name of
"-" ??  I had
this once and it caused some confusing auto-labeling behaviour.

If not, perhaps it is the
new version...  In general Networker picks the first blank tape (starting
at slot 1) for auto-labeling..
I'm not sure how it picks the next recyclable tape..  I'd check the status
of the first couple of
blank and recyclable tapes.. perhaps there is a physical problem with one
of these tapes that's
causing the problem?

Robert Maiello
Thomson Healthcare
.
On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 11:05:37 -0500, Donovan O'Brien <dobrien AT SIAC DOT COM>
wrote:

>Ever since we upgraded to 6.1.3 we have had an nsrjb label
>process hanging every morning.  Each time it is the first label
>process to kick off from auto media management.  The nsrjb pins
>a cpu and sometimes causes other nsrjb to hang.   Increasing the
>sleeps timeouts to as high as 120 seconds does not help.  Jukebox
>is a ATL P1000 with HP11 server.  Subsequent labels work and our
>backups have succeeded but it is very annoying and it might cause
>problems with our full backups.
>
>--
>Note: To sign off this list, send a "signoff networker" command via email
>to listserv AT listmail.temple DOT edu or visit the list's Web site at
>http://listmail.temple.edu/archives/networker.html where you can
>also view and post messages to the list.

This message and its attachments may contain  privileged and confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are prohibited from
printing, forwarding, saving or copying this email.  If you have received this
e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail
and its attachments from your computer.