Networker

[Networker] Rebuilding SQL server

2003-02-06 11:37:37
Subject: [Networker] Rebuilding SQL server
From: "Sebastian, Didy" <DPSebast AT UOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 10:38:03 -0600
Hi,

Environment:
Legato Backup Server 5.5.2
NT 4 Server SP6

Server Recovering:
NT4 server sp5
SQL Server 7
SQL service pack 3
Legato SQL Agent

I am trying to rebuild an NT4 server with SQL 7 server.  I have managed to
restore everything from my backup tapes and have gotten to the stage where I
want to rebuild the Master database.  I ran the REBUILDM from C:\MSSQL\BINN
and tried rebuilding the master from the CD (\\x86\data).  It goes through
the steps of rebuilding the database and finally get a message OK, but
nothing confirming that the rebuild was a success.  I can get the following
services started - MSDTC and MSSQLServer

I am not able to get the SQLServerAgent started.  As a result I am not able
to use the SQL enterprise console and also not able to restore anything from
the Legato SQL backup agent.

Does anybody have ideas as to how I can go about fixing this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Didy
uop Guildford IT
E-mail:         <mailto:dpsebast AT uop DOT com>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail message (including any attachments) is intended for the
addressee(s) only, and may contain confidential information.  The
unauthorised use, disclosure or copying of this e-mail or any information
contained within it is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the author and delete this e-mail
immediately in its entirety.