Networker

Re: [Networker] Another error question

2003-02-06 09:55:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] Another error question
From: Carl Farnsworth <carl.farnsworth AT DIGIDYNE DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 09:54:05 -0500
Perhaps a savegroup "probe" would help diagnose this issue.  First change
savesets to "All" temporarily, then from command line, try
 "savegrp -pv -c <client_name> -l full <Group_name>"

This will run a "preview probe" on the client, which will test the
connection to the client.  If successful, the valid savesets for that
client should be listed at the bottom of the output.  This may reveal some
other connectivity issue with the client. (maybe the gethostbyaddr blooper
in Win2K cluster - needs SP3 ???).

Alternatively, is it possible that there's some "invisible" typo in the
savesets for this client?  You could try a direct copy-and-paste of the
savesets from the working client definition to the problem one.

HTH
Carl Farnsworth
DigiDyne Inc.

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 08:33:23 -0800, Harris, Brian
<Brian.Harris AT SUMCOUSA DOT COM> wrote:

>At this point, I'm willing to try anything, but I want to point out that
_ALL_ of my savesets have a \ following them.  The other half of the
cluster that I'm having the issue with has the EXACT same savesets defined,
and is having no issues.